Sunday, December 6, 2009

Emotional Constituency

Politico's, Daniel Libit, just wrote a fine piece entitled, "A Campaign's Emotional Core" featuring Ronnie Cho, an early campaign worker for Barack Obama, who couldn't, or wouldn't, disguise his very strong feelings for the man he worked for.  There is a pretty good reason I took the article so personally.
My wonderful, liberal wife tears up and often sobs every time our young president or the First Lady appears on television. Admittedly, I am often obliged to join her. The 'water main' really ruptured when the little kid asked Barack why people hated him so much. She bristles whenever MSNBC's, Chris Matthews, poses HardBall-like questions about presidential performance.  Even, poor old Pat Buchanan is not welcome in our home, due to some, long ago, perceived slight. She becomes enraged when, occasionally, I switch on Fox News  for a little comic relief.  Considering the foregoing, it should be evident that Ronnie Cho hasn't cornered the 'emotions' market when it comes to our charismatic leader.
I love my wife; I love my country; and-- let me dab this tear-- I love my president.

Terry Tynan
Kenosha, WI

No comments:

Post a Comment